Travis and I just submitted the application to be NFP teachers for the Couple to Couple League in our Diocese. We're not 100% sure we're going to do it; I for one want to spend more time praying about it.
Reasons we should do it:
- there is a need in our Diocese for more teachers.
- we are firm believers in the goodness of NFP.
- to teach something you really need to know it, and we're excited to further study the theology and science behind natural family planning.
- we feel like we have some good experience; we used NFP to successfully delay and achieve pregnancy and we learned the valuable lesson that when you don't chart you get pregnant.
- it saddens us that our parishes are full of couples who contracept often times because they don't understand what NFP truly is nor the Church's teachings. If we can help change that we will.
Reasons we shouldn't do it:
- God has other things He wants us to do with our time.
1 - JJ Heller and her husband wrote a new song for those of us who are trying to get our acts together. 2 - Speaking of which, thank you...
Have you heard? There's a new feast day to celebrate. Pope Francis has asked that we celebrate Mary, Mother of the Church the day a...
Voting is now closed for the 2013 Sheenazing Blogger Awards. Blog lovers of the world: It's time for a little bit of friendly fun....