Last week I woke up one morning and realized that I am NOT mentally prepared for the birth of our third child. I think that in the first 7 months I just didn't let myself think about it, any hint of a worry or wonder and I'd push it out of my mind. But suddenly I was bombarded with thoughts and none of them were good.
- What if I have back labor again?
- What if the baby is facing the wrong way again?
- How long will this labor be?
- How will L react to the whole thing? Will she be scared?
- Just how judged by others will I feel about our circumcision decision? (Seriously, I just might not change boy diapers in front of anyone.)
- I feel soooo much more tired this time around - will I even be able to push this kid out or will I be too exhausted?
- Will we have all the breastfeeding issues again?
- Will he sleep through the night?
- Will L start waking up a lot again?
- What will happen to all my snuggle time with my daughter?
- Will L resent me and the baby?
- Will the baby blues be as bad this time around?
- Will it take 7 months again before I love and like this one?
- Will he have colic like L did?
- What if he's high needs, too? How does one take care of a high needs newborn and a attention-craving toddler?
The list actually does go on. With questions like, "Will I ever feel attractive again?" "Will I lose weight in time for the 10 year reunion?" "Can stretch marks go all the way to my neck?"
I know that I need to deal with all this stuff, because doing so will make me a better mom and will help labor go better... but I just don't know what to believe or trust?
Any help from any second time moms?
I'm going to start this with the ending and you can read the middle if you want: on Thursday the 11th our first born will be having open...
1 - JJ Heller and her husband wrote a new song for those of us who are trying to get our acts together. 2 - Speaking of which, thank you...
Some of you may have been wondering and some of you even guessed and now this is the announcement some of you even asked about. We are...