Last week I woke up one morning and realized that I am NOT mentally prepared for the birth of our third child. I think that in the first 7 months I just didn't let myself think about it, any hint of a worry or wonder and I'd push it out of my mind. But suddenly I was bombarded with thoughts and none of them were good.
- What if I have back labor again?
- What if the baby is facing the wrong way again?
- How long will this labor be?
- How will L react to the whole thing? Will she be scared?
- Just how judged by others will I feel about our circumcision decision? (Seriously, I just might not change boy diapers in front of anyone.)
- I feel soooo much more tired this time around - will I even be able to push this kid out or will I be too exhausted?
- Will we have all the breastfeeding issues again?
- Will he sleep through the night?
- Will L start waking up a lot again?
- What will happen to all my snuggle time with my daughter?
- Will L resent me and the baby?
- Will the baby blues be as bad this time around?
- Will it take 7 months again before I love and like this one?
- Will he have colic like L did?
- What if he's high needs, too? How does one take care of a high needs newborn and a attention-craving toddler?
The list actually does go on. With questions like, "Will I ever feel attractive again?" "Will I lose weight in time for the 10 year reunion?" "Can stretch marks go all the way to my neck?"
I know that I need to deal with all this stuff, because doing so will make me a better mom and will help labor go better... but I just don't know what to believe or trust?
Any help from any second time moms?