Earlier in August Travis and I hosted a reunion party of sorts. Hubby headed it up and invited anyone who was involved at the St. Francis Newman Center while he was there. We ended up with a good turn out of about 20 friends. It was so much fun.
Highlights for me:
- that I didn't have to cook! We had people sign up to bring drinks and food and they were very generous. The food was delicious!
- Mass. The EC Newman Chapel is just 10 minutes away from our home and Fr. H was able to have a private Mass there (many thanks Fr. R for letting us be there!). It was so great to be with friends, to sing the Mass parts and hymns we love and to have Fr. H preach to us in such a personal way.
- The big screen showing of The Dark Knight.
- Hanging out on the porch until well past noon the following morning with some of our overnight guests. We waved as all the ACs drove past us on their way to church. We looked like heathens in our pjs, surrounded by coolers, eating scotch-a-roos.
- Being surrounded by people I love a great deal.
Looks like tons of fun and the food looks beyond delicious!!!ReplyDelete