1. I like this song and I thought you might like it, too.
2. L has a lot of interest in learning to write. She's pretty good, even though she usually writes right to left and forms backwards letters. Does anyone have any tips on how to encourage her to write things correctly?
3. Do you read Hallie Lord's blog Betty Beguiles? If not, then you should check it out. Her writing has inspired me to re-wear outfits and not feel bad about it, buy some cute shoes, and put concealer on every day. I feel better about myself and how I'm presenting myself to the world. Thank you, Miss Lord!
4. If you do not know me personally, let me explain that my hair is wavy, light brown, and goes all the way down to my lower back. I like how long it is, and have often joked that it is my one beauty. My husband loves it. So does my mom. But I have been itching to try something new with it for a little while. Something shorter and chic and something I can actually style. However since I want to remain attractive to my husband I will be keeping it long. Oh the sacrifices that marriage brings!
5. I've gotten all kinds of great tips on how to make it through the hot summer. Seems like a lot of parents opt for long baths. I will definitely be putting that one into practice! Thanks, friends!
6. Exciting news for all of you who love Archbishop Sheen! The Positio - a book which summarizes the life and holiness of Archbishop Sheen - will be presented to Pope Benedict on May 25th! "The Positio, or position paper, will be filed formally with the Congregation for Saints' Causes as the initial step in the Vatican's process to determine whether Archbishop Sheen should be beatified and canonized." To read more check out the website for Sheen's cause.
7. Just to keep it real I feel like I should confess that I have yet to use any of my bold new moves. But, I really liked what Sarah H. said in the combox about using Scripture when we pray over people. My priest is always encouraging us to memorize the Psalms so we can use those to pray for and with others and my goal for this weekend is to pick out a Psalm and start. I'll take suggestions if you've got a favorite!