My brother, who works for a telephone company has said repeatedly that it is far safer to have a landline than a cell phone in case of an emergency. As the mother of toddlers I have listened to his words and so, when many people are getting rid of their landlines and opting to only have cell phones, we resently installed one in our house.
Some quick facts:
- A landline can tell the dispatchers *exactly* where you're calling from.
- A cell phone can only give a general proximity for where you're calling from.
- The above is true even if you have GPS on your phone.
- Adults misunderstand even me when I tell them where I live. If L had to give someone our address (which she sorta kinda can) they might not get here.
- We've had to call 911 twice in the past three years.
Don't believe me about the pros of a landline and the cons of a cell phone. Watch this news clip.
1 - JJ Heller and her husband wrote a new song for those of us who are trying to get our acts together. 2 - Speaking of which, thank you...
Have you heard? There's a new feast day to celebrate. Pope Francis has asked that we celebrate Mary, Mother of the Church the day a...
Voting is now closed for the 2013 Sheenazing Blogger Awards. Blog lovers of the world: It's time for a little bit of friendly fun....