My brother, who works for a telephone company has said repeatedly that it is far safer to have a landline than a cell phone in case of an emergency. As the mother of toddlers I have listened to his words and so, when many people are getting rid of their landlines and opting to only have cell phones, we resently installed one in our house.
Some quick facts:
- A landline can tell the dispatchers *exactly* where you're calling from.
- A cell phone can only give a general proximity for where you're calling from.
- The above is true even if you have GPS on your phone.
- Adults misunderstand even me when I tell them where I live. If L had to give someone our address (which she sorta kinda can) they might not get here.
- We've had to call 911 twice in the past three years.
Don't believe me about the pros of a landline and the cons of a cell phone. Watch this news clip.
I'm going to start this with the ending and you can read the middle if you want: on Thursday the 11th our first born will be having open...
I know that all the ins and outs of the court case that is tied to Fulton Sheen's cause for canonization can be confusing. I will try my...
Some of you may have been wondering and some of you even guessed and now this is the announcement some of you even asked about. We are...