Today Resa Marie is one week old. I'm still sore and tired and Travis and I are adjusting to having 4 kids. Suddenly the oldest two are more disobedient and JF is all about climbing the dining room chairs and table. Last night at 6:30 we looked at each other and agreed that we had had it. It was decided that the kids would get in their pj's, watch a movie, and eat popcorn like a special treat. It worked.
But in honor of my newborn's first week of life I thought I'd type up a list of all the things I've loved in this postpartum period.
- the rum and coke Travis snuck into the the hospital for me to drink after delivery
- the roses Travis brought me once we came home
- the way my doula/lactation consultant came to my house on Friday, told me four things, and fixed all our nursing problems
- the way JF smiles at Resa and pats her on the head, but mostly ignores her
- all the cute, pink clothes that have come out of the storage bin in the basement(!)
- the beer I had with lunch yesterday
- sleeping on my back
- wearing my regular jeans
- the way Resa has slept at night (I'm still losing sleep but it could be - and was - much worse!)
- getting to know my sweet baby girl, her eyes, hands, likes, all of her
- enjoying this newborn period, which we we lost with JF
- how Ben and L look out for and love on their baby sister
- that I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight (now to get back to my pre-pregnancy-with-L weight)
- the women from church and other friends who are bringing us meals (Thank you!)
- the awesomeness that is my mom and mother-in-law, who have both stayed out our house and taken the kids as we work out this new normal
I'm going to start this with the ending and you can read the middle if you want: on Thursday the 11th our first born will be having open...
1 - JJ Heller and her husband wrote a new song for those of us who are trying to get our acts together. 2 - Speaking of which, thank you...
Some of you may have been wondering and some of you even guessed and now this is the announcement some of you even asked about. We are...