My dear Sweetie Pie,
Happy Birthday! Today you are six and you are amazing.
I delight in you. I love you more than I could ever express and sometimes it makes me sad that I cannot show you the fullness of my love for you.
You bring me great joy.
May you continue to grow in the ways of the Lord. May He bless you with health and a happy family. May you always seek God first. I pray for your future and your vocation. I pray for the preservation of your innocence and that you will always know your great value and the immense love your father and I have for you.
You are so precious in our eyes. You are a blessing in our lives and we are so grateful to have you.
All my love,
PS - Here's some things I want you to know about yourself:
You are smart. Really smart. At the end of your first year in kindergarten you are reading at the level of a first grader finishing up their school year. You like to "play the game" in the car where I spell out words - cloud, window, vanilla - and you sound them out and tell me what they are or I give you simple math problems - 8+4=? - and you solve them in your head. You figure things out and your are intuitive. It's impressive.
You are funny and silly. You like to tell jokes and be goofy. You like to trick people - especially me and especially by telling me you have a mouse behind your back!
You are a great big sister. You can be bossy with Ben and sometimes you ignore JF but when it comes to Resa and JP you are really loving, helpful, and patient. Sometimes Resa prefers for you to change her diaper or hold her hand.
You are kind and accepting. Anyone can be your friend and you don't exclude people (except for your brothers from time to time). I am really proud of you for that.
Some of the things you love right now:
- playing outside
- warm weather (you hated the long, cold winter with a passion)
- playing tag with your brothers or friends from school
- My Little Ponies Friendship Is Magic
- Marie Miller's song "You're Not Alone"
- Katy Perry's song "Dark Horse" (I am not as proud of this one)
- Jake and the Neverland Pirates
- Playing dress up and putting on my make up
- baking, especially out of your Disney Princess cookbook
- riding your bike
- ice cream cones
- Dr. Suess books
- coloring, painting, crafting
- having your nails painted
- visiting your grandmas' homes
- singing in the church choir
- playing tickle with Daddy