Some of you may be familiar with my internship at 826 Valencia in San Francisco a few years ago. Since those days 826 has become a national organization tutoring kids and encouraging them to get excited about reading and writing. Chicago now has its own 826 and it seems that they're hiring. If you're organized, love kids, love writing and all things creative, and you're a leader then I encourage you to check it out. Also, they don't mention it below, but if you get the job then you'll also get the absolute pleasure of working with my old boss, Ninive.
826CHI, a non-profit organization that provides tutoring services to Chicago-area students ages 6-18, seeks to hire a highly motivated and creative individual for the position of Co-Director. This person will have the following responsibilities:
* Oversee all 826CHI fundraising activities, including special events, grant writing, and solicitation of donations from foundations, corporations, and individuals.
* Manage donor relations and maintains donor database.
* Oversee public relations activities, including website, advertisements, fliers, listserv, etc.
* Manage relationship between 826CHI and in-house retail outlet, The Boring Store.
* Oversee student publications, including books and in-house zines.
* With Co-Director, maintain relationship between 826CHI and 826 National organization, founded by writer Dave Eggers.
* Work with Co-Director and Board of Directors to devise programs, evaluate staff, and develop long-range plans for the organization.
Applicants for the position should be able to demonstrate success in fundraising and manage ment experience. As excellent writing skills are required, candidates should please provide a writing sample.
Salary will be $45,000-$55,000, depending on qualificaitons and experience.
For more information on the organization, see www.826chi.org
To apply for the Co-Director position, please send cover letter, c.v., and writing sample to: Dan@eyequilt.com
826CHI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Post a Comment