I hate tambourines at Mass! Seriously!
And while I'm at it, I also have a strong disliking for:
- using pop Christian songs in place of the responsorial psalm.
- choir members who refuse to sing the Latin because they "don't know Latin", even though they know that "miserere nobis" means "have mercy on us".
- Fr. Feelgoods who personalize and change the words to the Liturgy of the Eucharist and Gospel readings.
- drums at Mass (just ask me about my experience at a Newman Center in MO.)
- overhead projectors at Mass (it's so undignified).
Oh, my...I was cringing a little bit at that flurry of tambourines today, too!ReplyDelete
Oh, it's just gross. And I REALLY hate drums at Mass. At the end of a TEC mass once the drumming went on FOREVER and I just kept my head down and refused to acknowledge it...ReplyDelete
All of this sounds familiar...ReplyDelete
Is it too much to ask that everyone be as orthodox as we are?
I feel you. My church, which is Mennonite, changed from the old-style to evangelical. Ugh. I liked the old traditions. If my great-grandparents saw the church today, they'd be disappointed.ReplyDelete